Wednesday 11 November 2015

My Own UK VIP Passport's Arrived. Thanks Ma'am

Bob's Blog

My very-own Personalised Passport 

I've just received my brand new replacement state-of-the-art redesigned UK passport and noticed something very familiar inside. And it wasn't my unsmiling, squinting, spectacle-less, prison style mugshot.

To make forgeries more difficult, these new passports display several crafty and intricate pictures and logos. They now make a must-have document to own - and they are extremely attractive. 

Inside the cover there is a picture of some very picturesque cottages. I took a double take: I recognised them immediately, not because they are the famous and very beautiful weavers' cottages, Arlington Row, Bibury in Gloucestershire; but because my granddad was born in one of those very cottages in the passport picture, long ago in 1845. However, he forsook the Cotswolds and the drudgery of rural life to seek his fortune not far from London, and worked in the world famous department store: Liberty. Needless to say he didn't make his fortune - it's a family trait. My mother was rather a late addition to his second marriage when he was of advancing years. Well done grandad! And Grandma too!

Now, not many people have a personalised passport I'm sure. I believe that The Queen doesn't need one. But I do, and my complements to Her Majesty for allowing a picture of my granddad's birthplace in my passport. Thank you Ma'am. That's much better than personalised number plates. That's a double identity check that's hard to beat! I'm looking forward to passing through my next passport control. I'll aside: 'My granddad was born in one of those!' flicking it open with some style. 'VIP lounge Sir?' Probably not the response . . . 'Move along there' the more likely. But I bet they've not heard that one before in passport control. I don't reckon many other people can boast that, can they?


I haven't scanned my actual passport picture and blogged it, as that is possibly illegal. I don't want to end up in the tower, and what's much worse, have my gorgeous new personalised passport confiscated.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home