Thursday 8 October 2015

I'm Baked Off!

I'm Baked Off!

I realise that I'm probably the only person on Earth who hasn't watched, has no interest, but has not been able to avoid avoid the constant TV promotions of Bake Off. And now it at last has ended - other that the saturated reflected coverage it will receive today and forever.

I won't say who won, as there are many people have recorded it and don't yet know, but they stand a slim chance of not finding out first I reckon.

What I find particularly annoying is not the programme itself, but the cloned cookery programmes that the BBC show these day. If you've got a good idea, save as, copy and paste. And maybe add a couple of comics for flavouring. If you turn the tele on, anytime night or day, there's a good chance that a baking tray, or assortment of exotic foods, non of which are available at Lidl, or a chef who cannot contain his oily enthusiasm, will be smiling right back at you.

Not that there's anything wrong with cake: I love it, and when I'm invited to talk to WIs, delight in sampling their superior cakes with a cup of tea afterwards. It's my very own Bake Off. This week I will be sampling delicious WI cakes in Surrey, Essex and Buckinghamshire.

I won't won't be asked to pick a winner hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home